Don’t expect this many posts from each place we go. I’m just excited and wanted to share. Here are some more pictures in no particular order of some other good memories from Mana Pools National Park in Zimbabwe.
Michael and Lisa bought us all shirts with our Zulu names on them for this trip. Mine was “Scorpion King” Cheryl’s was “Soju Queen”. Names can be explained at a later date over some (read: many) beers if you don’t already know the stories.
Michael taking a picture of an elephant walking through our camp
Eating breakfast on the banks of the Zambezi. I think Cheryl was waiting for me to finish the eggs at this point.
Our wild campsite in Mucheni on the banks of the Zambezi River. Just us and the animals. No fences and no neighbors (unless you count the troop of baboons that came around to welcome us to the neighborhood)
Cooking a poitjie (spelling?) or “pot” for dinner. Slow cooked in a cast iron pot over a few hours. Nothing better then slow-cooked meat. (Wayne: I know the coals are too hot and I’m not supposed to open the pot the whole time. I did it anyway!)
I became the official breakfast chef. Fried eggs and bacon for everyone!
Sometimes we’d get onto the roofs of our cars for a better view. A great time to pose for a photo.
I can’t upload all 1000 photos so here is a Zebra looking fabulous while eating some grass to send off the Mana Pools posts.
3 thoughts on “More from Mana”
Since this is probably the best way to get in touch:
1. Every time I see a notification for a new post, I get really excited. I’m totally doing my best to live vicariously.
2. Cheryl I miiiisssssssss youuuuuuu!
3. This sounds like just the best trip – so excited for all these well spotted spots!! (is it still well spotted if it’s literally a few meters away… I guess they’re so quiet you can still miss it, so it’s still cause for a shout of ‘well spotted!’)
4. Having lots of fond memories of our camping trip to the Pilanesberg – Remember when Josh and I got in the wrong sides of the car at 5 in the morning – haha Cheryl was so mad! — Also, Josh you cook some mean braai!
5. Cheryl, I miss you again! Can’t wait to catch up sometime down the road. 🙂 Hugs!
Why do you disrespect me so much Josh!
Looks amazing guys! Your trip is cool and all, but we also had a nice week at work if you were wondering. I’m sure you are just missing the rat race so I won’t rub it in.
Amazing stuff! You look like a youthful Indy! Really enjoying these.
Let me know when you reach DRC!!
On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 8:33 AM, The adventure of life wrote:
> Josh posted: “Don’t expect this many posts from each place we go. I’m just > excited and wanted to share. Here are some more pictures in no particular > order of some other good memories from Mana Pools National Park in > Zimbabwe. Michael and Lisa bought us all shirts wi” >